The BLTC Wimbledon Ballot was made on Monday evening April 23rd in the clubhouse.
A total of 47 members had applied for the Ballot.
The following names came out of the hat in the listed order:
In summary, the following tickets have been allocated:
|Hat #||Winner's Choice #||Member||ticket #||Selected Tickets||Choice|
|1||3||Henry Allen||3||Tue 3/7 Court:Centre Price: £120||1|
|2||11||Fiona Graham||11||Wed 11/7 Court:Centre Price: £290||1|
|3||8||Andrew Ewart||8||Sat 7/7 Court:Centre Price: £204||1|
|4||14||Arlene MacFarlane||14||Fri 13/7 Court:Centre Price: £340||1|
|5||5||Derek Mair||5||Thu 5/7 Court:Centre Price: £156||2|
|6||6||Denise Sanders||6||Thu 5/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £120||1|
|7||4||Sheila McLean||4||Wed 4/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £120||6|
|8||15||Peter Seago||15||Sat 14/7 Court:Centre Price: £340||1|
|9||12||McDonald Smith||12||Wed 11/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £210||4|
|10||9||Carole Ferguson||9||Sat 7/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £156||5|
|11||13||Babs Buglass||13||Thu 12/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £118||7|
|12||1||Andreas Christophersen||1||Mon 2/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £94||1|
|13||7||Alisdair Harrison||7||Fri 6/7 Court:Number 2 Price: £128||3|
|16||2||Tom Flaherty||2||Mon 2/7 Court:Number 2 Price: £84||13|
|17||10||Janet Reith||10||Tue 10/7 Court:Number 2 Price: £86||15|
|19||16||Christina Smitton||16||Sun 15/7 Court:Number 1 Price: £60||8|
Adult Tennis Camp 2018 - Masuria Lake District, Poland 8th to 14th July
Bookings for 8 people are about to be made. Contact Pawel immediately to join up!
A tennis camp for adults of all abilities includes the following:
⦁ Accommodation (B&B) in a modern hotel ‘Port 110’ situated by the longest lake in Poland, with an award-winning restaurant
⦁ Return flights from Aberdeen (via Amsterdam) to Poland, with airport transfers in Poland
⦁ 2 hours of tennis classes everyday
⦁ Kayak or pedal boat trip on the lake
⦁ Cycling trip
⦁ Extra activities available:
⦁ Individual lessons
⦁ Motorboat trip
⦁ Campfire on the longest inland island in Poland
£950pp for single room
£750pp (£1500 per couple) for shared double/twin room
Fancy an active week in the Polish Lake District?
Sign up before 15th April 2018**
Contact Club Coach, Pawel Ewertowski:
07929 241 364
Please note that this event is not ATOL protected therefore each participant is booking as an individual at their own risk and must purchase full travel insurance prior to payment.
*For more details, visit: http://www.port110.pl/en/
**£200 deposit applies, full payment required by 1st of May 2018
Banchory Tennis Ladder
Please keep playing through the winter and keep gthe ladder active!
BLTC TENNIS LADDER RULES
1. Players may challenge opponents up to 2 ladder positions above them. This can be done in person or by text or email but the challenge must be recorded on the board in the Clubhouse with the date. If unable to do that in person, request assistance from the Club Coach.
2. Player contact details should be obtained by logging into the Club Website and going to “Members Directory” under the Member Pages. Note that any information (e.g. phone numbers) written on the ladder board will be visible on the Club’s Facebook page.
3. Matches should be played within 2 weeks of the challenge date at a mutually agreed time.
4. Players can only accept/make one challenge at a time.
5. Matches can be either one set or best of three by mutual agreement.
6. If the challenger wins, that player is inserted into the ladder one position above the opponent.
7. If the opponent is unable to play within 2 weeks of the challenge date, the challenger is deemed to have "won" so long as the challenger has provided ample opportunities to play. If not the challenge must be withdrawn. This is an important rule to make sure that the ladder remains fluid even if people do not play to defend their positions.
8. The ladder positions on the board in the Clubhouse will be updated by the players after each match.
9. A picture of the ladder board will be posted on the Club's Facebook/ Website pages at least once a week.
10. New entrants will be given an approximate ranking on the ladder by the Club Coach.
11. The ladder process will be administered by the Club Coach who will deal with any questions that arise, or in his absence, the Club President.