Banchory Tennis Club Membership 2018/19
Membership renewals are now due for the coming season, starting March 1st 2018.
To minimise the administrative burden we ask that you renew as soon as possible before the start of the season. As last year, any memberships not renewed by March 15th, will be suspended, and an additional ‘late payment’ fee of £10 will be charged on top of the renewal fee to reactivate the membership. This is really there to 'focus your mind' on not forgetting to renew, and to minimise the effort involved in chasing payments.
The Fees for the Banchory tennis club for the 2018/19 season are as follows:
|Senior Citizen (60+)||£92|
|Student (in full time education)||£63|
|Young Person (18-25)||£63|
|Junior (over 8)||£46|
|Mini (under 8)||£23|
|5 year Single Adult||£462|
|5 Year Family||£924|
You can join or renew your membership via the links at:
LTA - Wimbledon 2018 Ballot "Opt In" request
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!
PLEASE "OPT IN" TO THE WIMBLEDON BALLOT FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR CLUB MEMBERS.
Each year, the LTA allocate a number of pairs of wimbledon tickets to each affiliated tennis club.
The annual procedure now is that each BTM (LTA member) must 'Opt In' to the Wimbledon Ballot.
The number of tickets that the LTA allocate to Banchory will depend on how many members have 'Opted In'.
So, we really need all our members (every individual Adult and Junior member) to be signed up with the LTA (Lite membership is free to BLTC club members), and click the button saying they want to 'Opt In' to the Wimbledon Ballot.
Doing this will not actually enter you into the Ballot, but it will only register you under "Banchory Tennis Club" as an active member 'interested' in Wimbledon tickets.
Banchory Tennis club will arrange its own Ballot, depending on how many tickets the LTA assign to us. The number of tickets is proportional to have many people have 'Opted In'.
So, it's that time again...
We need as many as possible Banchory tenns members (all individual Adults and Juniors), to 'Opt In' to the Ballot on the LTA website.
If you are not already a British Tennis member, joining is easy and free. PLEASE become a British Tennis Member via the lins below.
To Join the LTA (British Tennis): use the 'Sign up today' option, and specify Banchory LTC as the 'Place to play'.
Choose the free "Lite Membership".
If you are already a BTM member, just log in, and you will see the blurb for "Opt In to Wimbledon Ballot":
Click the large Green "Opt In" Button.
I know it's a faff to do, but please take time to register and opt in. It is a great benefit for the whole Banchory Tennis Club Membership, and many members look forward to the chance to attend Wimbledon.
Deadline for 'Opting in' is February 23rd.
Banchory's ticket allocation will be driven by how many have regsterred and with the LTA and "Opted In" by February 23rd.
If you don't "Opt In" (by Feb 23rd), you will not be eligible to participate in our Ballot for the tickets that are eventually allocated to Banchory Tennis Club.
Last year we were allocated 20 pairs of tickets included one pair of tickets to the men's final!
Banchory Tennis Ladder
Please keep playing through the winter and keep gthe ladder active!
BLTC TENNIS LADDER RULES
1. Players may challenge opponents up to 2 ladder positions above them. This can be done in person or by text or email but the challenge must be recorded on the board in the Clubhouse with the date. If unable to do that in person, request assistance from the Club Coach.
2. Player contact details should be obtained by logging into the Club Website and going to “Members Directory” under the Member Pages. Note that any information (e.g. phone numbers) written on the ladder board will be visible on the Club’s Facebook page.
3. Matches should be played within 2 weeks of the challenge date at a mutually agreed time.
4. Players can only accept/make one challenge at a time.
5. Matches can be either one set or best of three by mutual agreement.
6. If the challenger wins, that player is inserted into the ladder one position above the opponent.
7. If the opponent is unable to play within 2 weeks of the challenge date, the challenger is deemed to have "won" so long as the challenger has provided ample opportunities to play. If not the challenge must be withdrawn. This is an important rule to make sure that the ladder remains fluid even if people do not play to defend their positions.
8. The ladder positions on the board in the Clubhouse will be updated by the players after each match.
9. A picture of the ladder board will be posted on the Club's Facebook/ Website pages at least once a week.
10. New entrants will be given an approximate ranking on the ladder by the Club Coach.
11. The ladder process will be administered by the Club Coach who will deal with any questions that arise, or in his absence, the Club President.
NEXT EVENT IS FOR ORANGEAT CULTS ON SUNDAY 25TH FEBRUARY
Text Brian on 07814 475277
To promote more competitoins for Juniors
The Hotshot Mini Tennis Tennis Tour is now taking entries.
It's designed to be a fun and competitive experience for all mini tennis players in the north east.
Bare minimum price as it will be run by volunteers!
Thanks to all clubs for supporting.
Parents may be asked to assist with keeping score. Please get your entries in now by emailing Graham Kay (Email address on poster)
First one up is for mini reds this Sunday at Aboyne!
Then Banchory host Orange on November 19th
Look after the new courts
The new courts are looking good and playing nicely. Gone is the now infamous 'Banchory bounce'...
But we need to look after them...
As the courts are still very sandy please use the brush mats at the end of play. It is important that the courts are brushed along their length, not across, otherwise it allows sand to build up at the centre line and tram lines where brushing has not been completed. Lower the net using the winding handle, disconnect the centre cord tape then unhook from the opposite post. Pull the net fully to the side allowing access to drag the entire court. On completion reverse the order.
View the whole progress of the court refurbishment in pictures: