Banchory Tennis Ladder
Please keep playing through the winter and keep gthe ladder active!
BLTC TENNIS LADDER RULES
1. Players may challenge opponents up to 2 ladder positions above them. This can be done in person or by text or email but the challenge must be recorded on the board in the Clubhouse with the date. If unable to do that in person, request assistance from the Club Coach.
2. Player contact details should be obtained by logging into the Club Website and going to “Members Directory” under the Member Pages. Note that any information (e.g. phone numbers) written on the ladder board will be visible on the Club’s Facebook page.
3. Matches should be played within 2 weeks of the challenge date at a mutually agreed time.
4. Players can only accept/make one challenge at a time.
5. Matches can be either one set or best of three by mutual agreement.
6. If the challenger wins, that player is inserted into the ladder one position above the opponent.
7. If the opponent is unable to play within 2 weeks of the challenge date, the challenger is deemed to have "won" so long as the challenger has provided ample opportunities to play. If not the challenge must be withdrawn. This is an important rule to make sure that the ladder remains fluid even if people do not play to defend their positions.
8. The ladder positions on the board in the Clubhouse will be updated by the players after each match.
9. A picture of the ladder board will be posted on the Club's Facebook/ Website pages at least once a week.
10. New entrants will be given an approximate ranking on the ladder by the Club Coach.
11. The ladder process will be administered by the Club Coach who will deal with any questions that arise, or in his absence, the Club President.