We intend to re-open the courts as soon as possible after go-ahead from the Scottish Government and have been working to prepare them and put effective safety measures in place.
Although the advice is still being updated by Tennis Scotland and the LTA, details here, which includes use of a booking system for play on the courts can help with social distancing measures as well as ensuring fair access to the courts during a busy time.
BLTC have developed a court booking system on ClubSpark which should be used to book access to our courts once they open. It is difficult to predict exactly how much demand we will have but, to begin with, the following are the principles we will use:
- Court time is divided into 90-minute slots, beginning at 07:00, finishing at 23:30
- A member may book 3 slots within a 7-day period
- Bookings can be made up to 1 week in advance
- A doubles pair from the same household may play a pair from a different household
- Singles may be played against a member from a different household
- Parents must ensure that junior members are fully aware and compliant with rules of play
- Detailed rules of play can be found on the ClubSpark site link here
We will keep an eye on how this works, and we can update the booking rules very easily if we find that we need to increase or limit access to ensure that everyone has a reasonable opportunity to play.
Fully paid up members will receive an email from us inviting them to become a member of BLTC ClubSpark, with instructions on how to do this and how to book a court. It is free of charge for us to use. Bookings can also be made via the ClubSpark Booker app which will work on IOS and Android smartphones, and is available from your normal App Store.
We look forward to seeing the courts being fully utilised soon!
In line with the Scottish Government Covid-19 Phase 1 Restrictions, our courts will reopen on Friday 29th May for restricted singles and and family-only doubles play for members only.
All arrangements to play must now be made online or using the Booking App which can be found on the App Store. Please do not come to the courts without a prior booking and only come at the time booked.
We now have a booking system available on our ClubSpark site.
The links to ClubSpark and the court booking are available on the main 'Top' Menu on this site.
Member's primary contacts should receive an email inviting you to register on that system. If you do not receive the email inviting you to join ClubSpark, please check your spam folder and note that emails are only sent to the main contact if you have a family membership.
When you book a court you will receive an email confirmation which includes the access code.
The rules around booking of courts initially will be as below. These may be subject to change as we move forward.
- Court time is divided into 90-minute slots, beginning at 7:00, finishing at 23:30
- A member may book 3 slots within a (rolling) 7-day period
- Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance
- No guests will be allowed
- Children (<16) can book and play as normal, but with appropriate adult supervision
- Play will be restricted to singles between individuals from different households
- Members from one household may play doubles against a pair from a different household
- Limited 1 to 1 coaching is now permitted
- Players should observe good hygiene recommendations already published
- Clean hands and equipment before and after play; take home all litter
- Tennis balls should be marked and only handled by the owner
- No changing of ends
- No need to touch net adjuster, we will check heights each day
- Observe good social distancing when arriving and leaving
- Parents must ensure that Junior members also follow guidelines
- Clubhouse will remain closed apart from emergency access to toilet and first aid
- Benches have been removed from the court
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the gate, but members are requested to bring their own
- No club balls will be available
Enjoy your tennis! It's been a while!
The Judy Murray Foundation seeks to support grass-roots tennis development across our communities. If you are interested in supporting their fund-raising activities, there is an opportunity to to take part in Kiltwalks at various locations. If you are interested in joining a group from BLTC to do this, please let Emma know.
The Club is keen to support the development of junior coaches at the club by helping fund expenses incurred by Juniors attending LTA training courses.
Applications for help with funding of up to £50 per annum will be considered from young trainee coaches who have demonstrated the following:
- under 18 years old
- commitment to the club by providing voluntary support for activities
- willingness to continue their commitment to BLTC
- good coaching and technical potential
- own financial commitment to training
Please make applications to our Honourary Treasurer , Arlene MacFarlane