We intend to re-open the courts as soon as possible after go-ahead from the Scottish Government and have been working to prepare them and put effective safety measures in place.
Although the advice is still being updated by Tennis Scotland and the LTA, details here, which includes use of a booking system for play on the courts can help with social distancing measures as well as ensuring fair access to the courts during a busy time.
BLTC have developed a court booking system on ClubSpark which should be used to book access to our courts once they open. It is difficult to predict exactly how much demand we will have but, to begin with, the following are the principles we will use:
- Court time is divided into 90-minute slots, beginning at 07:00, finishing at 23:30
- A member may book 3 slots within a 7-day period
- Bookings can be made up to 1 week in advance
- A doubles pair from the same household may play a pair from a different household
- Singles may be played against a member from a different household
- Parents must ensure that junior members are fully aware and compliant with rules of play
- Detailed rules of play can be found on the ClubSpark site link here
We will keep an eye on how this works, and we can update the booking rules very easily if we find that we need to increase or limit access to ensure that everyone has a reasonable opportunity to play.
Fully paid up members will receive an email from us inviting them to become a member of BLTC ClubSpark, with instructions on how to do this and how to book a court. It is free of charge for us to use. Bookings can also be made via the ClubSpark Booker app which will work on IOS and Android smartphones, and is available from your normal App Store.
We look forward to seeing the courts being fully utilised soon!
Last Updated 26/03/20
Block 2 Junior after-school classes
All CLASSES FROM TODAY (24th March 2020) are CANCELLED due to Government Coronovirus advice
Due to the unpredicable weather, we will not know whether the coaching is ON or OFF until the same day.
We will keep this link active to show the latest status of planned coaching.